Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Potato Chip Scarf Coming Along, and a Take My Yarn! Please! Plea...

I attempted a funky diva scarf using this very fine eyelash yarn I had skeins of laying around plus a strand of crochet thread and almost put my head through a wall in frustration. Anyone want seven balls of Flutter eyelash yarn? Each ball is 75 yards, 20 grams, uses 3 mm needles. I also have two balls of grey fuzzy fur I got from the $1 rack at Target up for grabs - 12.4 grams, 65 yards, use with 8mm needles. Here are pics:





I'm on the second-to-last row of the potato chip scarf - which looks like a curled up ball o'crap, I'm sure, in this picture, but honestly looks like it's shaping up to be very cute.


My mom loved the feather & fan scarf I gave her and will wear it proudly in Mary's name. The potato chip scarf is going to my very funky friend Stacey, and I'll work up another for a few of the teachers in my son's school. I've also got yarn for my husband's grandmother, aunt and great-aunts to come.


1 comment:

glccafar said...

It will be interesting to see how that scarf turns out... :)